Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9- Dessert is served!

This morning I was going to take a Zumba class for my "first" today. After last night's "first" of rock climbing, my arms were so sore I bailed on Zumba. When Dan arrived home tonight from work, he asked if I still needed to do a first. He suggested making my "first" pie. I thought what a great, mellow idea that the whole family could enjoy that requires no pain for me. I also think Dan just wanted to eat pie tonight.

We found a Betty Crocker Fresh Apple Pie recipe that looked easy enough but still was old school baking. Dan has never made a pie either so I enlisted his help and we were able to share this "first" together. We made the crust and rolled it out. Peeled and sliced the apples. Mixed all the ingredients and got ready for what I considered the exciting part. The cutting of dough into strips and weaving them criss-cross to top the pie. It was pretty easy and we had fun doing it.

   


Now the only thing left is to enjoy eating our homemade, fresh, apple pie. A la mode, of course.

                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment