Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 7- It's white and I ate it.

After a long day, I was still trying to find something new to try. Dan and I promised to take the girls to the mall and on the way home, he spotted a "first" for me. I pulled over and into the drive-thru of Einstein's Bagels. Now I have tried a bagel once with nothing on it but never with the dreaded cream cheese. I have a rule about white food. Don't eat it! I don't eat white creamy foods like cottage cheese, ranch, and certainly not cream cheese. Today would be the day.

We were in the drive-thru when it almost didn't happen. Dan suggested I order a plain bagel with onion and chives cream cheese. I began to order when the guy stopped me to inform us that they do not have any more plain bagels. Dan then suggested I try the Asiago Cheese bagel. I began to order when the guy stopped me again to inform us that they do not have any more Asaigo Cheese bagels. Finally, Dan yelled from the passenger seat, "Can you tell us what you do have?" The guy listed about 5 out of 20 bagels that they still had left. I decided on the potato bagel. I thought I like potatoes so maybe it will be alright. When I pulled up to the window, I told the guy about how I was trying something new every day, how I never had a bagel, and to wish me luck. He handed me the bagel, laughed in my face, and shut the window. I hoped the bagel would be better than the service.

When we arrived home the girls decided to try a bagel with cream cheese for their first time also. I was so proud that my little girls are willing to try new things at such a young age. Their sense of adventure with food is much better than mine. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't see the white stuff as I took a bite. Not bad. I ended up eating my whole piece and conquering my fear of cream cheese. Today goes down as a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment