Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10- All alone

Being a social, talkative person made today's "first" more difficult than I thought it would be. When I told my husband and friends what I was going to do today, I thought they would say something like, "I've never done that either." I was shocked to hear that almost everyone has done this but me.

Today was the first time I saw a movie alone in a theater. I always thought that people that go to movies alone are creepy and weird. Well, I was wrong. It seems like tons of people have seen movies alone and I have been left out on this little secret.

I saw Life of Pi today. The movie was incredible. The experience was strange though. I arrived before the previews and while everyone was talking to each other, I just sat there. It was so odd for me to have to sit quietly. When the previews started, I kept turning to tell the person next to me, "That's cool" or "I want to see that" but no one was with me. I began to think this was not a good idea. During the movie, I kept thinking I wish I had someone to whisper to about what was happening. After the movie, people clapped and talked about the movie as they left. I just left. It was kind of sad. I just don't get the appeal of going to the movies by myself.

Except I didn't have to share my popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment