Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 21- The Katniss within

If you ever have read or seen The Hunger Games, you know what a bad ass Katniss is with her bow and arrow. Today I channeled my inner Katniss.

Day 21- For the first time I shot a bow and arrow. It was so much fun!

Ada and I went to Wasting Arrows, an indoor archery range. One of the owners, Deana, helped us get started on our "first." She was super friendly and helpful. Ada and I shared a lane and took turns trying to hit the target. It was hard at first and it seemed that we hit everything but the target. Deana brought us a different type of arrows that she thought might be easier for us to use. She was right! We actually started hitting the target like everyone else.

We tried to aim but couldn't figure it out. Everytime we tried to line it up we ended up hitting the floor, the curtain above, or the plastic border around the targets. It was amusing at least to see how bad we were at this. Pretty soon we stopped aiming and just went with instinct. Our instincts must be good because both of us almost hit a bullseye. We stayed for an hour which was perfect for us beginners.

I definitely want to go back and try again. I had fun even if my inner Katniss is not quite a bad ass.


No comments:

Post a Comment