Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23- My kid is trying to show me up on this "first" project!

Last night, my four year old tried to talk me into buying her chocolate pudding. She said that she thought it would be a great first for her. I told her that she has already had chocolate pudding so it couldn't be a first. She tried her best to convince me that she couldn't remember eating it or anything so she thought she should try it again. As her first. It was not happening. So then she announced that she could try Moo Shu Pork for her first.  Hmmm. I think that is a great idea.

We ordered Chinese food and the Moo Shu Pork arrived. My four year old was excited to try it. I served her some and just looking at it, I decided I would not eat it. I swear I saw something that looked like a worm. I knew it wasn't but my mind could not be convinced to eat it. My four year old could eat it all if she wanted. She tried a huge bite, shook her head no furiously, and spit it into her napkin. At least, she tried. That was more than I could say for myself.

So today, day 23, my kids wanted leftover Chinese food for lunch. "No Moo Shu Pork! " Of course, my kid didn't want to try it again but I could redeem myself. I decided I would try Moo Shu Pork for the first time. My four year old was thrilled. She wanted to take the picture of me eating it. I wrapped it up in the tortilla and bit into it. What was that slimy, long thing I bit into. No, I can't do this blind. I opened the tortilla up so I could see exactly what I was eating. That was much better. I ate it with a fork and it was good. Plus I could make sure I wasn't eating anything that looked like a worm.




No comments:

Post a Comment