Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 17- A Disgusting Tasting First

My children torture me while they dip their little, fingers in it then wave them at me smiling knowing I'm freaked out that they might touch me. They proceed to suck every ounce of it off of their fingers then ask for more. I can't stand it! My four year old begs me to try it. "No!" She replies, "It can be your first." She's got me on that and knows it as she smiles smugly.

Day 17- Today is the first time I have tried Ranch. I know most of the United States puts ranch on either their salad, pizza crust, or veggies. I've never done any of that. I think it looks disgusting so why would I try it. Of course, this year is different and I must try new things. So ranch was on the menu. My children dip anything and everything into it so I figured it can't be that bad. I'm not as adventurous as them though. I wasn't going to dip my green beans, apples, meat, or anything else they would suggest in it. I thought I would stick with carrots. I've seen lots of people do it so I made the decision to join the majority.

Dan had the camera ready to capture the big moment. I had a tiny amount of ranch and two petite carrots. The first problem was that I dipped the carrot in and then smelled it. Why did I do that? I should have just thrown it in my mouth but no, I had to smell it first. I was losing my courage. Dan egged me on. "Just eat it!" I ate it. I have to say that of all the new foods that I have tried, this was the worst. I grabbed a napkin and tried to scrape the taste off of my tongue with no such luck. I stated, "That's disgusting!" Dan responded with, "You're right. It's disgusting. Millions of people force themselves to eat ranch everyday." Okay, Dan! I get it. I can be dramatic at times but I feel this time was justified. Next time, I will avoid smelling it. Or maybe I'll just avoid it all together.









No comments:

Post a Comment