Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 31- Finally, something I like!

Tonight the family went out to dinner at Moxie's. This will be my 3rd "first" at Moxie's this month. I had my first martini there. Definitely not my thing. I ate lunch alone for the first time there. That was hard with no one to talk to. So tonight I was praying that it would be something I like.

We sat down and I told my husband to get something that I have never had but that he likes to eat. I wanted to make sure someone ate it. He choose an artichoke. Now I have never had it for two reasons. Reason one is that I don't really eat green things. Reason two is I have no idea how you are suppose to eat it. It looks like it will stab me with its' pointy leaves.


The artichoke arrived and the girls and I looked at each other. Dan dug in immediatley. He stated that he loved this year of firsts since he gets all these foods finally that I would never order, cook, or eat. My four year old and I grabbed a piece and he taught us how to eat it. We dipped it in butter, I think, and tried it. Not bad. I had another. Still not bad. This is something I could actually eat with friends and family again. I couldn't believe it. I actually didn't hate it. My two year old, who is brave and eats anything, refused to try it tonight. I thought I finally ate something my two year won't eat. Yay, me!

Then Dan informed us that the best part is the heart and we would be trying that next. Sure, I can handle that. When I bit into that, it was not my favorite. I think it was the texture. It was okay but I really didn't want to eat anymore of it like I did when with the outside part. At least I liked part of it.


Tonight was a successful first for me. Now I have another green food I like. That brings me up to six!

No comments:

Post a Comment