Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 24- Do whatever you want, I trust you.

Cutting my own hair on Day 3 was liberating but impulsive which resulted in slightly crooked, very blunt hair. I decided I needed to call Jessica at Eye Candy Salon to see what she could do to fix it. Then the idea hit me. I would let her do whatever she wanted to do to my hair. That would be a first! I've always wanted one of those ambush makeovers on the Today show, where woman just let them do anything and everything to beautify them. It always turns out great. So I made an appointment immediately.

When I showed up, Jessica was excited and wanted to know what we were going to do for the first time. I explained that I don't get any input in this and that she could do anything she wanted with my hair. She looked at me like I had lost my mind then realized she had full control. Her creative juices started flowing. She turned me around so I couldn't see in the mirror.

I was so nervous but I trust Jessica and knew she would do something cool. I figured I wouldn't walk out of there with a bad perm or hair that made me look old. She would give me hair with an attitude! I had complete faith in her.

The first thing she did was paint a small streak on my left side. Oh no! What is she doing? I had to remind myself it would be okay. Then she started to cut. A lot! I kept thinking, "Have faith. She will make your hair look great."

Finally I was able to see what she did. She cut my hair asymmetrical with the left side a tad bit longer. She added a small red streak to the left side to bring attention to it. She also layered my hair. It was different. I loved it! It had the right amount of sass for my personality. She showed me how it would look if I just rolled out of bed in the morning. Full of body, messy, and cute! Then she flat ironed it. I love it that way best. Sleek, sassy, and the red streak showing. It was a perfect first!

After the hair appointment, I went to get my oil changed in my car. The young guy at the counter, at least 10 years younger than I, kept chatting me up. When I was ready to leave, he asked me what I was doing tonight. I told him hanging out my kids. "Oh, sorry, " he replied. Coincidence or the hair? I would have to say it was the hair. Thank you, Jessica!
www.eyecandysalonreno.com

No comments:

Post a Comment