Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3- Snip, Snip!

In fourth grade, I wore a baseball hat for at least a week after my mom took scissors and cut my bangs too short and crooked. I was so upset, as any girl or woman would be after a bad haircut. We become so attached to our hair that any little change is a big deal. Especially if it is a bad experience.

There have been days when I want to just grab a pair of scissors and chop at my hair. I pick the scissors up and then always stop myself before that first snip. My brain telling me that it will be horrible and so very wrong looking. I would have to walk around with crooked hair that is too short until a professional could fix it by making it even shorter. No, thank you!



Day 3-Today is the first time I didn't stop myself with the scissors. I made the first snip and there was no turning back. I took off about five inches so I had to keep going. I cut off chunks not worrying about how it might be uneven on one side. I just did it. It was liberating!




And slightly crooked. But today that's okay with me.






6 comments:

  1. It is also the first time I have cut anyone's hair ever. My husband and children don't trust me to cut theirs so I guess I was the guinea pig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog theme! I wish you a great "year of firsts"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you are da bomb! Can I share this with Ella? I know she will enjoy it as much as I am. And by the way, great hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! Of course you can share this. That's why I'm doing it. I want my family and friends to see what I'm doing this year. Maybe you will do something new and post it for me to see.
      :)

      Delete
  4. I will. Been thinking a lot about this and how awesome it is and how I wanna do something like it, too! I'm very proud of you and I'm looking forward to your daily post!

    ReplyDelete