Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 15- Maybe not the best first with small kids

I had talked to the girls, showed them pictures, and even a video of what we were about to do. They seemed excited. My two year old kept saying, "It's not scary!" I thought we are all going to have so much fun. Boy, was I wrong!

Day 15- Today was the first time we have gone Black Light Mini Golfing. We went to Pirates Cove at Wild Island. It is an indoor, 9 hole mini golf course that is completely dark except for the black lights. I know the completely dark part should have told me this was not a good idea but I ignored all common sense.



Pirates, skeletons, sharks, shipwrecks, and crocodiles made up the course. They were all glowing from the black lights. It looked great but I guess if I was a 2 year old I would have been freaked out. At every hole, there was a loud noise like pirates yelling or cannons going off. My 2 year old hated it obviously!



She wanted to be carried while holding her glowing pink golf ball. My 4 year old tried to play but kept getting distracted by everything around her. Dan and I skipped a few holes, played extremely fast, and tried to keep it positive. Dan did get a hole in one but it didn't matter since we weren't keeping score.


At one point, I wanted to take a picture of Dan with the crocodile and our 2 year threw her ball at him. We knew she was done! At the last hole, our 4 year old announced that she thought it was time for us to get out of this place. We couldn't agree more.



No comments:

Post a Comment