Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 13- Art for the sick

Still suffering from the flu but needing to keep the kids busy led us to the "first" for today.

Day 13- Today was the first time we have made paper flowers.

I needed an activity where I could rest while keeping the children engaged. Grandma had given the girls a paper flower kit for Christmas. We busted it open and found hundreds of little, colorful pieces. It was easy for myself and my 4 year old. My 2 year old struggled as it took a lot of fine motor skill ability. She did it with my help and was thrilled when she finished it. Of course, we had to add leaves, crumple flowers, and add bug stickers to the petals.

The girls ran around pretending to smell their flowers. They each wanted a glass for their room where they could display them. I'm so happy I was able to take 30 minutes from being sick to spend with my girls to make something so beautiful. I was able to watch their excitement as they made it and hear them giggle as they ran around the room with the flowers.

It made my day so much better and I knew that just having my girls around makes being sick not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment