Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6- I finally drank it!

Most Americans wake up in the morning and have a cup of coffee. I have never been tempted to even try the stuff. I don't really like the smell of fresh brewed coffee, nor do I like hot drinks. My family, friends, and co-workers have always offered me coffee and my response always has been, "No, thanks! I don't drink coffee. Never have had it." Most people are in disbelief that I have made it 36 years without trying it. That was until today.

Day 6- Today was the first time I tried coffee.

My husband ground the beans, brewed it, added half and half, and 2 spoonfuls of sugar to make sure that I would drink it and like it. As soon as I smelt it, I knew this was a bad idea. I brought the cup to my lips and could feel the heat of it. Dan had the camera ready to capture the moment as I took my first sip. Not good. It had this weird after taste. He asked me to try it again so I did. Even worse. The only way I can describe it is it tasted like a drink with a cigarette butt in it. Dan immediately took it from me, thinking something was wrong with it. He tried and stated that it was great. Obviously, this was not for me.



At least I tried. But next time, please just offer me water. I'll leave the coffee for you.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! You should try it blended with ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete