Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 33- Danger and little people! This should be fun.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have an obsession of thrill rides and little people. That's why I knew tonight would be the best night ever.

I was heading out with a group of friends to see midget wrestling. I couldn't wait. For most people, this would be a first. Not me. My friend, Amanda, and I have already experienced this. We were now hooked on it.

I had decided to talk my friends, Amanda and Ada, into going on the Ultimate Swing which is located outside of the midget wrestling event. The Ultimate Swing is a swing that 3 people can go on together. You lay on your stomach, they harness you in, then lift you backwards until you are up 160 feet in the air. You pull the lever and the swing releases letting you soar down head first. It sounds terrifying and I couldn't wait to do it. I knew my friends would be screaming and I would be laughing the whole time. I love this kind of thing.

We decided to get there early so we would have time to do the swing, have a drink, and still make it to the wrestling. Dan and I were entering the parking lot when I received a text from Amanda. She told me they were closing and wouldn't wait for me to get there. Noooo!!! We rushed there but it was too late. I jumped out of the car and began to shout like a truck driver. The bad words just exploded out of me. My friends laughed knowing I was upset but would get over it. Plus, now they didn't have to go on it with me.

We went in to have drinks and wait for the wrestling to begin. I told everyone that the Swing was going to be my first. Now what? Everyone was going to keep their eyes open for an opportunity.

The midget wrestlers were awesome! I had a great time. Almost our whole group enjoyed it. Then it was over and I only had an hour left of the day to try something new. We walked out of the event. There in front of us was a huge group of people line dancing. There was my opportunity. I have never lined danced before in my life. The band announced this was their last song. I grabbed Amanda and we ran to join in the dancing.

Everyone was dressed in jeans, boots, and hats. We stood out immediately. Not only were we not dressed like everyone else but we had no idea what steps to do. At this point, it didn't matter. We jumped in and literally after a second, Amanda jumped out laughing hysterically from the sidelines. Everyone started dancing around in a circle. Why are we in a circle? I thought we should be in a line. This is called line dancing. I was so confused already. I bumped into the couple in front of me. Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing. After a minute, I finally picked up the steps. It's not that hard, really. I danced around while Amanda tried to take pictures of me. I was having fun but it probably would be more fun if I actually had friends dancing with me.



Tonight, I had a plan, it went wrong, and I still found an opportunity to try something new. It was close but I pulled it off. I'll try line dancing again possibly. Maybe next time I'll get to dance in an actual line.

No comments:

Post a Comment